Friday, May 25, 2012

What does Scott do all day?

Have you ever wondered what Scott does all day? Me too. 
He works for Big D Construction and they are building a molydenum/rhenium processing plant. He wakes up at the crack of dawn, puts on his hardhat & reflective vest, cheers for safety, sits in a nice little job trailer and schedules stuff.
He sent me this little photo to prove it. 

In case you are curious, here is a little sampling of what a safety cheer can be:
"Big D! Safety!" (Repeated several times)
"Check yourself before you wreck yourself!"
"Whose responsible for my safety?... I am!
Whose responsible for your safety?... I am!
Whose responsible for all our safety?... I am!"
"Where my dogs at? Whoo!".....(Still not sure what that has to do with safety.)

The first time Scott told me about safety cheers I about died laughing. He has grown to love them and even leads them sometimes. The first time he had to lead the cheer he was so nervous. He says that in order to be a good cheer-leader you have to be confident. (haha, I just can't get over the fact that he was trying tell me that.) Sometimes I like to think up new safety cheers and propose them to him, such as:
"Be, Be Safe, Be, Be, Be Safe!" or "We've got safety, yes we do, we've got safety, how bout you?!" Who knew that my short time as a cheerleader would come in handy?

But in all honesty, I am so happy to be married to such a hard-working, hardhat wearing, safety cheerleading, lovable guy.
And here's a little photo strip from a Big-D party last week. I don't know what has happened to us, we used to be so normal.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

This post made my day. I think I might try to make up a safety cheer while I'm cooking dinner. Maybe something about not wearing loose-fitting clothing around an open flame (something I need to work on)!

White Place Flea Market said...

Used to be?
Humm.
This is funny, Im busting up!
And I can totally hear Scott trying to be all serious talking about his cheers... its a serious job?!!
I love the little mini-me of you... she is your little double. I want her.

Audrey said...

Awe look at you three cuties! Bahahaha that sounds like a pretty fun job. And I thought your picture labels up there hilarious.

Jace and Nichole said...

I am seriously about to die from this post... I am laughing so hard, like... well you know me. We LOVE Scott, what would we do without that little turd. I can honestly hear him explaining to you how to be a cheerleader. SOOOO funny! But, way cool. I am glad he likes his job.

aly said...

This was the best post, EVER. I'm still laughing. Oh I like you guys.