Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lovey Dovey


The week before Valentines Day I put together some Valentines for my nieces and nephews, thanks to pinterest I found the boy gifts here and the girl gifts here.
 The Saturday before Valentines Day, Jeff, Corene, and kids came over to help us kick off our love day celebration. Corene and I teamed up and made a super yummy meal. Corene did most of the work I just tried to soak up all her cooking knowledge. I never got a photo of all the good stuff we ate but I got some of the sugar cookies the boys decorated and the excellent mini red velvet cakes Corene made each of us. Scott and Jeff wrote on the cookies, they got very creative.
On Valentines Day Emlin and I woke up to a fun surprise from Scott. About two weeks ago I mentioned to Scott that I saw the cutest little baby doll bath set at Target for Emmy, I had forgotten about it and I was shocked to see it sitting on the counter Valentines morning. Emlin was too and was so excited to play with it. Later we hit up the grocery store and spent the day cooking our Valentines meal. During dinner we opened presents from grandparents and Emlin and Scott opened valentines from me. Emlin ended up getting stuff from both Scott and I, haha I kind of forgot to coordinate that with Scott, so maybe next year we will plan ahead so she doesn't get too spoiled.
I got Scott a bunch of random items, (jerky, hot hands, root beer barrels, pomegranate juice, a lint roller...haha) and although he doesn't appear super excited, he really was. He is so funny about stuff like that, he is all about the details. After dinner we tried out the self-timer on our camera, it was kind of a struggle to get Emlin to look at it. This was the best we could do.  It turned out to be a pretty dang fun holiday. It really helps having little holidays like these to break up the daily grind and it never hurts to think about all the people I love.

2 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

Have you received our vday gifts yet? Im bummed they didn't come, I was even super efficient and sent them a week early... damn mailman!! I thought you would have them by now, or they would have gotten returned. Im sad.

Lucky you, my man has never even thought to buy the kids something himself... i do that for him.

aubrey and bobby said...

you guys are seriously the cutest! we miss you!