Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scenes from the {past couple} weeks.

My aunt and cousins had us over for a Christmas party and spoiled Emlin with her new favorite toy. Thank you Hawkers, we love you guys. We played games and made these adorable little gingerbread houses. My cousin Sara runs a preschool out of their house so she has all kinds of fun toys and beautiful children's books and she needed something to display them.  So Scott helped her whip up this wall of shelves.

This is what I have been doing and plan on doing for the rest of winter - sit by the fire, read Harry Potter and sip hot cocoa...it's a rough life.

We had family night at Thanksgiving Point the other night. We saw the lights, ice sculptors, picked up some treats and lastly apologized to the reindeer. Scott accidently hit one of their friends with his truck about two weeks ago. Luckily he was driving his truck and he came home safe and sound...can't say the same for the deer. Sorry about that Dancer, Prancer and the rest of the crew.

Emlin has never been a fan of watching tv, which is fine with me. But the other day I turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she was so happy. She loved the music and couldn't stop smiling and dancing. Scott loves how Emlin holds onto her belly.

Another wonderful thing that happened is that some of my most favorite people came to visit and we got to see the lights at Temple Square twice. Last year in this post I wrote, "Being on temple square before Christmas this year really put me in the mood. I would like to do that again next year and maybe make it a tradition." Yay for keeping traditions, and being on Temple Square is a wonderful reminder of what this season is all about. And yay for visitors, I so appreciate you all for coming. It brightened my whole month!

Emlin loves this ball popper and has just figured out how to push the button herself. She likes to dance to the music and feel the air blow on her face.

My Christmas to-do list is almost all done. Our cards are sent, neighbor gifts are done, shopping is all done, and the presents are wrapped - If only Emlin would stop unwrapping them.
I think one of my most favorite things about Christmas is getting Christmas cards, there is nothing better than getting something in the mail especially when it is a friendly greeting from family and friends. I think I will keep those cards up all year.


Free printable Christmas tags found here.
Idea for neighbor gifts found here.
Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Jace and Nichole said...

Seriously everything you do is perfect. I aspire to be Melinda Page one day. I haven't felt as homesick as I did just now, reading about all your fun holiday festivities. I wish we were there! We miss you guys so!

Annalee Taylor said...

love this post. I love the pic of Em and you two in front of the nativity, she is so funny. Mack says he thinks you need to move back here... really.

The Gray Family said...

I have so much fun reading about your little family. Disney sure knows their stuff. Emily loves the clubhouse too. She runs around saying where's k-y? I think all little kids love that show. Looks like you are having a wonderful holiday season and I hope you have a Merry Christmas-
Maija

amber said...

Love it all. :) And I love your pictures, you take great photos!

Unknown said...

cute, cute pix, melinda! you have a beautiful family!