Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Little Things




 We celebrated Scott's 26th birthday on October 3rd, the weekend before was conference so Rob came down and stayed with us. Dave and Becca came over for dinner (we missed you Jeff, Corene, and the boys) to help us celebrate Scott's bday. Scott never asks for anything so when I can give him something that he really loves it makes me so happy. I think birthdays are such a great idea, I really like that everyone has a special day that we all get to remember how important each person is. Scott is an amazing dad and husband. I don't know how I'd get along without him. It was nice to focus on him and remember how important he is to me.

I love the first two photos of Scott and Rob entertaining Emlin while she ate. She loves books and sometimes I wish I had a built-in helper to read to while I feed her. She has some amazing uncles and aunts and it is fun to see her with them. She has been so fun lately and really getting more comfortable being here in Utah. Poor thing, I think she was confused at first with all the changes but she has been really fun and happy lately. 

We went to Gardner's Village this past weekend.
There was a ton of people but it was so fun and got me in the halloween spirit. I love looking through all the shops and feeling inspired. It was so fun being with Scott too, he gets really distracted with all the people around and I have to kind of push him through the crowds to stop him from staring. But I do love his impersonations.

Sunday night we took a drive through the canyon and it was gorgeous, I cannot get enough of this fall weather. We stopped at Daybreak and went for a little walk through all the pretty houses.  Scott and I are daydreamers, we love imagining our future life and laughing at ourselves as old people. Scott refuses to believe he will ever be anything less than a butt-rocker.  He wants to be that old guy still rocking a goatee and wearing Metallica memorabilia. It was a great weekend. It is amazing how easily I forget what is really important. And I think it's the little things.


6 comments:

Audrey said...

Awww!!! I wish we could have stopped to see you guys when we were driving through! Sadly, we didn't even get to see my own brother. LAME-O. You guys are such a cute family! I love that you posted-now we need to see more pics of your place! :) Wish we could carve pumpkins with you this year!

Jace and Nichole said...

Rub it in a little more that you are NOW living in Utah, when I am missing it soooo much. Last night was a blast by the way... WE ARE SO HOMESICK FOR THE PAGES!!! Remember how Jace looks like Archibald Gardner haha!

Annalee Taylor said...

I miss your face.
I miss your little babes face.
I hate being homesick for you guys.

Move back.

I hate it.

amber said...

You guys are so cute! I miss you guys. And ummm, you look so good Melinda! And Emlin is so dang cute. And Scott looks nice too I suppose. :)

aubrey and bobby said...

i love you guys. you are the cutest utah-ians that i know.

but i wish that you were still the cutest rexburg-ians that i know.

Mandy said...

Scott is 26! When did we all get so old? Love this post, all the photos and you! I just wish we lived closer (like everyone else, it looks like). My favorite photo of Emlin is the one with her in a pink sweater sitting or Scott's lap on a hay bale. I like it because of the way her cute tummy sticks out!