Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Girl

I finally got around to posting photos from Emlin's birthday. It was a month ago. That seems impossible but it is true, Emlin is 1 year and 1 month old. Here is our sweet girl on her birthday. I tried to make it fun day for her. It was really nice too, we spent the morning baking and then took a little lunch to the park and enjoyed some time together just her and I.  I was so happy I got to spend some alone time with her before she officially became a big one year old. Maybe I will try and make lunch at the park with mom  a birthday tradition.

We had a fun little party for her. She loves raspberries so we had a 'Berry Sweet' party for her. I put together a little banner of her life and it still boggles my mind that she is a 1 year old. And it also reminded me that I need to take more pictures. Even though my camera is not the most sophisticated piece of equipment it is better than nothing.

The bags say "Berry Sweet of you to come" and were filled with berry and lemon penny candies- thankyou pinterest. And thank you to everyone for coming and sending birthday greetings, 1 year old birthday parties are not the most exciting thing in the world but we really appreciate our wonderful families for supporting us.

 Emlin had so much fun opening her gifts, I am sure she was completely overwhelmed but almost everything we handed to her she gave a big hug.
Here she is with her cake. She carefully ate each raspberry one by one then ate a few handfuls of cake. After she had a few bites she was on a total sugar high. She started screaming - it was a happy scream but I have never seen her so excited. It took her a lot longer to settle down for bed that night.
 Here is the cake the rest of the party ate. I was a little overzealous in making it so huge and could of fed the 5000 but luckily it tasted pretty great as a leftover breakfast option.

 This is more evidence of the sugar high. She was bouncing off the walls until pretty late that night.

 Em wasn't a huge fan of her birthday hat but luckily Scott liked it.
She is fun loving little girl. She is officially walking now and stumbles all over the house all day long. These moments are going by too fast and I am trying desperately to hang on to them.

12 comments:

Ashley said...

She's adorable!!!

Mandy said...

I love this post. Wish we could have been there. Can't wait to see you next week!

Audrey said...

She is seriously getting more cute every day!! I love this party idea Melinda! And I'm gald you took pics of it before! :) That birthday banner is also such a good idea!

amber said...

Happy birthday Emlin! She is so dang cute Melinda!

alyssa said...

um freaking cute birthday party! thank you to pinterest! emlin is a DOLL

aly said...

um hello awesome cake! loved the pic of emlin on her sugar high, she's the cutest.

Jace and Nichole said...

Seriously when I grow up I want to be a Page! That was the best party I have ever seen, you always do the most awesome things. Can you throw my 26th birthday party... Or just come here. I just want to squeeze her! Is it weird that I think her and Elliot look like brother and sister? Minus the part where she is walking and of course he isn't...

amber said...

PS I just looked at your pictures again and I loooove the mason jar drinks with the lemon slice. Love it. I'm going to copy you someday with that one. :)

DoublClik said...

This entire thing was so Pinterest inspired huh. You pulled off an incredibly chic and cute birthday party Mel. BRA-VO. Love it.

Aaron and Courtney said...

What a cute party! You are so cute and creative! You don't give yourself enough credit, girl!

The Todds said...

You're so creative it kills me! Everything you touch turns out adorable (including Emlin of course)!

Unknown said...

I seriously can't believe she is a year old!!! Time flys! She is cute as a button!