Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nestin Like Bird


Nesting? Maybe just a little. I think we are about as prepared as we ever will be. Our bags are packed, the crib is set, she has clothes and diapers and a carseat. Really? What else could a little baby need?
We are scheduled to go to the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30, although there is a chance the labor and delivery unit may be too full. So we have to wait and see what they say tomorrow morning. Part of me is secretly ok with being sent home, I am still a little nervous. But a much bigger part of me would like to get this show on the road and meet this little girl. I love her so much already and I can't wait to see Scott with her, he is going to be an amazing dad. I love that guy. Wish us luck.
I am gonna go make some leggings, maybe that will make the time go by faster, this has been a long day. Nesting? Yeah, I'm afraid so.

Itty Bitty Dress tutorial found here. Carseat Cover tutorial found here.

11 comments:

Sam said...

She is going to be one lucky little girl!!! Good luck tomorrow. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Call me anytime for advice or questions.

Nicole said...

Oh Melinda, I'm SOOO excited for you!! Good luck tomorrow, I loved being induced, and hope to be induced every time!

amber said...

Good luck tomorrow!! Your little nursery and all of the little projects for her are so adorable, of course. :) I can't wait to meet this little girl!

Jenna said...

Good luck!! I was so nervous for the whole labor/delivery situation as well. I didn't even mind being overdue for awhile.....because I felt like I was not quite ready for it! But it's all way more calm than I anticipated until the very end, then it seemed kind of like an adrenaline rush. Not saying it's easy or pretty but you will do great. I'm excited for you two! You will be such great parents!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

How wonderful! Good Luck Scott and Melinda! Everything looks so cute. You are so talented! Soon you'll be nesting with your little one. Yay! Can't wait to see pics of your her.

The Olligschlager Family said...

I'm jealous tomorrow is my due date but I am thinking that I have a week more to go! Good luck with everything. I can not wait to see pictures of your little girl:) I wish I could make you a cute blanket like you made me! Alothough I don't think it could be as cute as the stuff that you have made me!

Clarissa Draney said...

Saw you in the Albertson's parking lot and you looked great!!! How all goes well!!! What a lucky little girl to have you as a mom!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

Good Luck Good Luck!! I have been checking you blog like a crazy women for a baby post! I got it!! So adorable. Everything looks perfect. Cant wait to see pictures of her! You'll do great!

Powell's Place said...

I love her nursery! Too cute; did you make the quilt and bedding and everything? If so, I'm super impressed.

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to meet her!! And you have decorated her room so cute....of course! You are the most creative cute person ever. Good luck with everything.

Audrey said...

Everything you have for her is darling! I specially LOVE the bows/flowers!