Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dandelion Gone to Sea

My Grandma Rasmussen was the neatest lady. I think about her all the time. When we get together and make something I always think, "Grandma would love this." Or if I see a quilt that is put together poorly I always think, "Grandma would be so disappointed." Or if I see an elderly person with their blinker on for a couple of blocks I laugh and think, "That is something grandma would do, and if we told her, she would laugh." 

Some cool facts about Grandma Ras include (but if you have more please add to the list):
  • She has won the lottery and has been struck by lightening (I think the lightening happened first).
  • She loved talking on the phone with her friends.
  • She was very patient and let my grandpa decorate with fake antlers and other weird things.
  • Her name has 30 letters in it - Marva Dawn Stringfellow Rasmussen
  • She had a sign on her front door that said, "Gone to Walmart"

So when I saw this website it totally reminded me of my grandma. People of Walmart is a sight where people submit pictures of people they have seen at Walmart. If she could have worked a computer she would of loved this sight for two reasons.
1- She really loved shopping (even if it was Walmart).
2- She loved people watching.


My favorite is the "half and half" picture. If you have ever feel the need to shave your head- this should be your inspiration. My grandma would have gotten a kick out of this.234

8 comments:

Susannah said...

well, well, well...look who decided to update her blog! Too funny and I loved the post! I miss your Grandma Ras too.

Sam said...

Your Grandma sounds amazing. I can't believe she won the lottery and got struck by lightning.

Annalee Taylor said...

she actually got struck by lightning while talking on the phone. crazy lady... and its dandelion gone to seed... we have talked about this before!

Amber said...

Lol I love that site, it's so funny! Your grandma sounds like she was a neat lady.

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

That picture is so funny. Who would have their hair cut like that? Do they think that it is cute? I don't understand but I think it is an awesome picture!

amber said...

hahaha, i can't wait to show ryan this picture :)

amber said...

ps. i really like your pictures up above from your wedding with the truck.

Page said...

Babe, your pretty funny. Even though your sleeping right now and I really want to wake you up.

Love you