Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Love

For posterity's sake let's go back and catch up.

Scott and I on a sweet date. This was back in Mayish sometime. We went to dinner, movie and as usual a bike ride around town. Normally they are fun easy rides, but this particular night Scott thought it would be fun to go up the temple road. I made it about 1/4 of the way and thought both of my thighs were going to combust. Meanwhile Scott was like hitting jumps and riding circles around me. Why are boys so athletic? 
On Monday when we went his goal was to see how many weeds he could get in his spokes and he tries to make me feel better by pretending like he is tipping over and all being all squirmy when he falls off the sidewalk. Hah, I love bikes. The one I ride is way too tall for me and I have to jump to get off. Maybe I will save up and get me a real girls bike.
    
Clint graduated and he looked sharper than ever. His hat fit him nicely...lucky!

Isn't my mom the cutest, when I was little I always thought I had a hot mom.
We have been spending tons of time out side. The little kids refuse to play inside and its good because it is too nice outside to not be out there. My parents backyard was full of blossoms and I would catch myself just staring at the trees in the spring. I think I have a problem I am seriously way too into plants right now. I gotta find a new hobby.
We went to Utah to see the Bullards and went through a session at the Timanogos Temple while we were there. That temple was massive, the stained glass windows was my favorite. They were hot pink and bright blue and purple. So cool. More to come from our trip later.
We got a new little baby Carmen on June 8. She is doll baby and I want to hold her all day long.
 
YAY, Dave is home. It is so good to have him back. He was supposed to get home on a Friday night and he ended up having to stay in Salt Lake and come home Saturday morning. We were all so bummed. But it turned out better because we picked him up and then got to spend the whole day all together. 
On the 4th we ran the liberty 5k fun-run. I'm not so sure why they call it a "fun" run, maybe for some people its fun. I was so happy to finish, I had an awesome running friend -Kylie-that kept me going or I probably would have died. At one part a little duck was waddling along the road. When I got to it I said "Hi duck" and it totally snapped at me. It scared me to death and I jumped super high and screamed. The people behind me were busting up, but it gave me tons of energy and I was able to take off sprinting to the end. Scott was amazing, he never runs and he did so good, he even came back at the end to run with me. But the best part was that Rebecka won this bike. When she came through the finish line she had made about 5 friends. They had chatted and walked the whole way. She also had her arms full of garbage. She had picked up trash the whole way. What a good lady. They raffled off this cute beach cruiser bike and Rebecka won, we were all so excited. Its perfect for her. She cruises on it all the time. 

For the rest of the 4th we went to the parade, took a nap, ate at Texas Roadhouse, and hit up the IF fireworks. The night before we went to Logan and spent time with family down there. The 4th is the best holiday. 

As for my summer goals:
Goals for Summer:
1. Picnic once a week (We have totally done this, if fast food in the car at the park counts)
2. Have at least 2 campfires at the sand dunes (Haven't done this, except we went to one campfire in the woods)
3. A couple of bike rides (make use of the camel-backs we never use) (We have done this but no camelbacks yet)
4. Go swimming outside (Not yet)
5. Go camping (Not yet, we are slackers - I'll see what I can do)

6 comments:

Ashley Sullenger said...

Congrats on the fun run! haha One day I will run one of those! Loved the duck story! haha
So fun you two have bikes! I haven't ridden a bike forever! Sounds like you two are having an eventful summer! Love the idea of having a picnic every week! I love picnics!

Alisha said...

Wow! Your summer is full of fun activities. I wish we were able to see you guys when we came down but that's alright. I can't believe you ran a race, nice job woman!! Well I love ya and just wanted to say hi.

Bethany Rice said...

What a fun summer, I thought I would comment and let you know of our blog. You know you guys can't get enough of us!!! sounds like a fun summer so far!

Bethany Rice said...

What a fun summer, I thought I would comment and let you know of our blog. You know you guys can't get enough of us!!! sounds like a fun summer so far!

megan said...

5K! GO MEL! That's awesome. Sounds like your summer is amazing!! I want to check out that farmers market when we get back! Where is it?

amber said...

you are so great melinda. :) good job on the 5k!!