Thursday, March 27, 2008

Straw Bouquet

This is my Junior Year in the Floral program so for an assignment we had to put together a bouquet out of something unusual. I found these flexy straws at my mom's house and started putting them together. Annalee helped me come up with the shape,thank goodness for Annalee's super creativity. I used wire, hot glue, tape, and ribbon to get to look like this. Haha don't worry I know its totally crazy, but I loved how it turned out. 
Maybe someday someone will want to have a carnival wedding and I'll get to do something like this for them!
The tulips were my favorite part, they are dye injected. The variegated ti leaves are amazing too, they are one of my favorite greens. 

5 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

You forgot to show how it turns into 2 bouquets!! LOL...I know, I am kinda obsessed with that idea! Genius!

Kris and Sarah said...

Holy Crap!! I freaken love that! I seriously want one! So cute.

Kris and Sarah said...

actually I'm stealing a pic for my blog! :)

Sara said...

Yay! Melinda! I just discovered your blog! I love seeing pictures of your creations! You and Annalee blow me away!

Jodee said...

I love it! You are amazing.