Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The tragedy of first position


My friend Rachel just shared this, and I couldn't help but post it on my blog so I can watch it everyday.
This so reminds me of myself. My family used to (still does) tease me that I am always a count off. Haha  It did not come natural to me and every time I watch a performance of mine I want to die inside because it never looked anything like how it felt. Haha I guess that's what makes a really excellent dancer, someone who can dance exactly how they feel.
But I love this video, I kinda feel bad for her but mostly just think it's stinkin hilarious.

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Ahaha! I loved that. It was hilarious watching how she kept trying to get her feet out! And her squatting/pliea(yea, don't know how to spell that) was dang funny!

alyssa said...

haha that was so cute, it looks like she was doin a michael jackson move.

amber said...

Ohh, poor little girl. :) I'm afraid that would be me. :)

Danielle and Brian said...

oh man!!! poor sweet gal! that is hilarious. She was trying so so hard.. I guess that all that matters.

Jace and Nichole said...

Yeah that was totally me in dance class when I was little. Kills me!!

Skyler and Aubrey said...

hahaha, this is almost as tragic as me dancing... Thanks Melinda!

Josh + Kiri said...

That girl should definitely look into sports. The road I took for the saaaaaame problem.

Unknown said...

Melinda! I am so glad you found my blog!! We should hang out if you still live around idaho!! your baby girl is a doll!! They should be friends! I am your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. Please don't feel bad...she is a beautiful 6 year old now and dances still...and she is great at first position. I had to post this when I took it for friends to see. She is my granddaughter and I still laugh when I watch it...who would have thought watching her that day I would captured something so priceless.