Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year...

 

We had a killer Holiday this year.  We got to spend time with both our families, went to Dave and Becca's wedding, got to spend lots of time on temple square, had a quick party with Jace and Nichole, and finished it off back at the Burg just in time for Christmas and a sleigh ride. 

Dave and Becca had a beautiful wedding. They had a yummy dinner after their sealing followed by dancing. I love dancing at a wedding, Scott even enjoyed himself on the dance floor. Emlin was a trooper all day. 

Later that night we went back to temple square and enjoyed the lights.
The next day we spent time with the Bullards and let Em and Elliot get to know eachother, they are gonna hate us when they grow up. 

 My dad took us on a sleigh ride Christmas Eve. Before we started our sleigh adventure, my dad wanted a picture with all his grandkids in the little sleigh. Emlin was crackin us up. Her little face was so squished but she never made a peep. And Kellen is such a stud look at that little sweet face.

This year we tied sleds to the back of the big sleigh. We used to do this when we were little when my grandpa would take us on sleigh rides. It is my favorite tradition. The kids loved it, but I think the adults enjoyed it more. Kyle, Randall and Scott reverted to little kids. Luckily there were no major injuries.


On Christmas morning we woke up around 6:30. poor Em was kind of out of it for most of the present opening time.  
She got a pink penguin from Santa and she immediately cuddled it. She also got clothes, bowls, spoons, a fairy doll, bumbo tray and toys. Christmas was much  more enjoyable having Emlin around. 

Scott was excited to get a Metallica DVD, an ihome, clothes and jerky. He loves jerky. He is pretty easy to please and it makes me so happy if I can get it right. He is an awesome gift giver. He gets the kind of gifts I don't even know I want. Like Victoria Secret shampoo and conditioner, it's awesome but I would never get if for myself. 

After opening gifts we took naps, had a yummy dinner, played games, and  got to talk to our 2 favorite missionaries, Clint & Rob. 

Being on temple square before Christmas this year really put me in the mood. I would like to do that again next year and maybe make it a tradition.
Christmas 2010 was a success and I am looking forward to next year. 

4 comments:

Sam said...

Emlin is such a doll! And Christmas isn't so much better with kids?

Annalee Taylor said...

Oh my word Im laughing so hard at the "thug" picture, so funny. And Miss Em is so cute with her penquin. Love it. Lets have a do over.

aubrey and bobby said...

love the pictures! you guys are adorable and i love emmys squished face haha. lets play soon.

Amber said...

That video below is hilarious! hahaha..i sent it to my sis cuz she went to BYU;) I'm glad you had a good Christmas!