Friday, May 7, 2010

Quiet House

Our house is pretty quiet these days, except when I am talking to myself or dancing in the kitchen. But other than that, it is really quiet.

Speaking of kitchens, we painted ours. It was a really dark red when we moved in and I always felt like I was living in a cave. So we lightened it up.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Before and After

So I am staying busy with baby stuff and flower stuff. You can check my flower blog for flower stuff. As for baby stuff, the nursery is getting there even though we really haven't done much. Just moved stuff around and cleaned out the closet, I love having an almost empty closet. I need to get on the ball and get bedding and curtains done.
Photobucket Photobucket

Scott was nice enough to turn this side table into a real beauty. It was his grandma's, he painted it and changed the hardware to match the babies room.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Before and After

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I made one hat for the baby. I'm not sure if will ever do that again. It wasn't super hard but I'm still not so sure it will ever fit a human head, it's shaped a little weird. Maybe someday I will try again. I've also made a few blankies, bibs, and burp clothes.

Kyle and Lexie blessed their little baby on May 2nd. Kyle did a great job and it is really fun to see them as parents of 3. Clint gave his mission report on April 25th and left on May 5th. I sure hope he is doing good, I am sure he is. We love and miss him lots. Ric and Rebecka took a trip to Hawaii for their big anniversary. They had a blast and were crackin us up with their stories about never feeling so relaxed in all their life.
Scott has been running ever since school started 3 weeks ago. He has more energy then anyone I know. It's very impressive.
The baby gets bigger and bigger every second I swear. Maybe I am in denial and should say that I am getting bigger and bigger every second but I like to think it's just her. Just 93 days left!

So even though our house is quiet, I guess there is a lot happening. Hmm, I guess I just need to blog more to realize it.

11 comments:

Trevor and Rebecca said...

Cute!! You are so crafty!! I love the room and the hat and bibs! You should make more and sell them! I hope you are feeling lots better! I miss seeing you, maybe I should come over and see the rest of your cute house :)

Mandy said...

Everything looks so cute! I love the lighter kitchen. And I agree that you need to blog more (I'm not going to tell you how often I check your blog because it's embarrassing:)

Sam said...

I love the baby's room. Adorable! I miss you. I think I just might invite myself over on Tuesday night.

cecily said...

Hey cute girl. I hope you are feeling good. I love the bibs!!! So cute. We will have to hang out again before the babies get here.

megan said...

Your baby is going to be so decked out! How cute!! You're so talented! Oh and I love you flower arrangements! Do you just do everyday orders? and I read that you do potted plants too? I think I might be interested in some!

The Olligschlager Family said...

You are so creative! I love the bibs so all that hard work looks awesome. So excited for you guys:)

Josh + Kiri said...

i want the end table thing. now. and when i have a baby i want you to make me some things. and once i lived in "the quiet house" it was in hawaii. we are a lot alike. Why are you so cool?

Danielle and Brian said...

seriously mel!! Teach me how to sew and crochet and be all crafty! Man, I wish I was closer to you. it stink being across the country! I am so so so happy for you

Alisha said...

I cannot believe u two are having a baby!! Aww we are sooo excited for u guys. Your gonna be such amazing parents!! We love ya

JT said...

The nursery is adorable :)

The Henkel Family said...

Oh my goodness girl! I don't know what you are talking bout," we haven't done much" your little girl's room is so dang cute! Will you come over and decorate my kids room? We need to start crafting together cause I love love love all that you do! Let's get together again soon! :) and maybe some year we'll do that garden we've been talking about ha ha!